The Transplant Research Foundation of BC (TRF) is excited to announce the 2015-2016 Addison Pediatric Project Venture Grants competition call for proposals.
Through the Addison Pediatric Project Venture Grant, the Transplant Research Foundation of BC supports innovative pediatric transplantation projects across British Columbia that have the potential to significantly impact pediatric organ transplantation. The intent of this competition is to fund new areas of research (e.g., new hypotheses, techniques, or ideas) that are in a pilot/feasibility stage, and which will lead to external peer reviewed funding to support the next stages of research.
One Addison Pediatric Project Venture Grant on pediatric organ
transplantation will be awarded to a qualified project in British Columbia.
- Eligible projects include investigator-initiated clinical trials, clinicalresearch, ethics, patient-centered projects, or basic research projects;
- Must be solid organ research;
- Must be focused exclusively on a pediatric population;
- Projects that involve external collaboration are eligible and encouraged;
- An individual can be Principal Investigator on only ONE application per competition;
- Investigators are not eligible to apply for new funding through this competition while holding an existing Venture Grant.
- Investigators who have final project reports outstanding from any past TRF internal grant/award competitions at the application deadline will not be eligible to submit an application to this competition.
Initial registration forms to be submitted on or before September 8, 2015.Only selected applicants will be invited to submit a full Addison Pediatric Project Venture Grant application. Full applications must be submitted by October 30, 2015. Funding decisions will be made on or before November 23, 2015. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Proposals will be considered for a maximum grant from the TRF of $25,000, renewable on application for extension for up to a total of two years. The TRF will consider proposals for up to $50,000, when the amount of funds required in excess of $25,000 are provided by another funding agency and secured by the Applicant prior to the distribution of the TRF grant.
More information can be found at: https://www.trfbc.org/research-in-action/trf-venture-grants/apply/