Due to a website error, the Transplant Research Foundation of BC (TRF) is extending the deadline for the 2015-2016 Venture Grants competition request for proposals (RFP) until September 16, 2015. Please note: This RFP is for the general Venture Grants competition only. This does not include proposals related to the Addison Pediatric Transplant Research Project, which will be announced at a later date.
Through the Venture Grants program, the Transplant Research Foundation of BC supports innovative projects across British Columbia that have the potential to significantly impact organ transplantation. The intent of the Venture Grants competition is to fund new areas of research (e.g., new hypotheses, techniques, or ideas) that are in a pilot/feasibility stage, and which will lead to external peer reviewed funding to support the next stages of research.
Two Venture Grants on general transplantation issues will be awarded to qualified projects.
- Eligible projects include investigator-initiated clinical trials, clinical research, ethics, patient-centered projects, or basic research projects;
- Projects that involve external collaboration are eligible and encouraged;
- An individual can be Principal Investigator on only ONE application per competition;
- Investigators are not eligible to apply for new funding through this competition while holding an existing Venture Grant.
- Investigators who have final project reports outstanding from any past TRF internal grant/award competitions at the application deadline will not be eligible to submit an application to this competition.
Initial registration forms to be submitted on or before September 16, 2015. Only selected applicants will be invited to submit a full Venture Grant application. Full applications must be submitted by October 30, 2015. Funding decisions will be made on or before November 23, 2015. Successful applicants will be notified by email.
Proposals will be considered for a maximum grant from the TRF of $25,000, renewable on application for extension for up to a total of two years. The TRF will consider proposals for up to 50,000, when the amount of funds required in excess of $25,000 are provided by another funding agency and secured by the Applicant prior to the distribution of the TRF grant.
More information can be found at: https://www.trfbc.org/research-inaction/trf-venture-grants/apply/